Ali Sami Yen Stadium
Football in Istanbul was played for the first time by the English at the place called Fenerbahçe Stadium in the place called Pastor Çayırı. Taksim Stadium became the new center of football with the opening of the Taksim Stadium in 1919
In 1939, under the urban arrangement, Taksim Stadium was destroyed by the historic barracks. So the statta got out of the way. In this process, Fenerbahçe Pastor Çayırı’deki land ownership by taking Fenerbahce Stadium, Beşiktaş now in place of the Place of the Serenade passed the Stadium of Honor. In the same period Galatasaray suffered the biggest problem about stat.
The first steps to overcome this problem were taken at the beginning of the 30’s. The first attempt to acquire a mint in Mecidiyeköy to Galatasaray was made in 1933 by the then president of the period, Ali Haydar Barşal.
As a result of the meetings with the state between 1933-35, a land in the village of Mecidiye outside the city was allocated for the stadium to be built in Galatasaray. In 1936 the excavation of the land began. Adnan Menderes, the head of the Turkish Sports Association, received financial support for this job. However, it was in the excavation stage.
In 1940, during the presidency of Tevfik Ali Çınar, the topic of the stadium revived.
The same land has been leased to Galatasaray for a period of 30 years and the yearly symbolically as a one-lira bed.
Galatasaray was officially the right to use the land. Galatasaray also undertook to build a modern stat and bicycle veladrome while renting it.
However, the construction could not be started because of insufficient financial means and years of war. It started in 1943 under the presidency of Osman Dardagan to construct a kind of modest stadium that would need to be seen.
Because of the war years, the stat was opened in 1945 during the period of the construction of a small open-air turbine and the grounding of Muslihittin Peykoglu.
However, in those days there was no opportunity to play football here for a long time because of the distance to the city center, difficulty of transportation and very strong winds.
At the same time with the opening of Inonu Stadium in the city center Galatasaray, this stadium in Mecidiyeköy left when the stadium construction project was also inconclusive. The right of use agreement in 1955 was extended by 2007 with the addition of a 30-year field over the remaining 22 years of employment.
When the club failed to fulfill the commitments made for the Stat, the work was undertaken by the General Directorate of Physical Therapy. Construction commenced in 1959. In 1961, during the presidency of Refik Selimoğlu, a new agreement was made with the General Directorate of Physical Therapy, and the right of use of the stadium, which was started to be built, was given to Galatasaray with certainty.
On December 20, 1964, it opened in an eventful manner. Due to overcrowding, panic in the stands resulted in one person dead and 80 people injured.
It was illuminated for the first time in 1965. However, the night game was not played much.
At the beginning of the 1970s, the Inonu Stadium was abandoned for a while after the reuse began.
In the 70’s years it was used by Galatasaray for more training. In those years, the stat remained neglected.
In 1981 the ground was relaunched and reopened.
In 1993, the lighting system was renewed and night games were played again.
The same year, the first time a combined ticket system in Turkey was launched at the Ali Sami Yen.
The same year the seat system was switched on.
The audience capacity of about 35,000 at the foot dropped to 22,000.
Galatasaray management, which will be demolished and replaced by Ali Sami Yen, will be the first in Turkey and multipurpose, modern stadium project was commissioned into the Canadian architectural firm.
In 1998 the launch of the Stadium was held and attracted great interest. The modern lobby system was completely symbolic sold in the promotional yard.
The search for financing for the construction of new stat has begun. Due to the difficult financial situation in the club, the required funding could not be found.
In 2001-2002, the cost was reduced by restructuring the project, which was announced to reduce the need for financing, but the problem of financing due to the 2001 economic crisis could not be overcome.
During the 2003-2004 season, the old project came back on schedule and was abandoned with the decision to build a new and modern stat. However, the need for financing was not yet met.
Due to the fact that Mecidiyeköy is now in the center of the city, the state officials opposed the enlargement of the stadium in this area. Alternatively, a new land for Galatasaray was proposed.
Throughout 2004-2007, the search for new land and the new stadium to be built on it continued.
After a general renovation in the 2004-2005 season, Ali Sami Yen was re-opened.
Following the earthquake of 1999, the Old Open Tribune was demolished and re-established during the 2005-2006 season due to the danger. In the third week of 2005-2006 season, Malatyaspor match was opened for the first time after the construction of the Old Open Tribune was completed. After the 1999 earthquake, Ali Sami Yen Stadium is again a four